Monday, July 11, 2011

Through wyoming




After stopping at the first harley davidson of the trip to fix a dangling highway peg I headedup I25 north into WY.oh at harley I met a guy named Ben who had been in a wheelchair for 15 years and now he rides a trike...and he had a gun on a holster!30 min into WYi found myself heading toward a big storm and then out started to train & hail.i saw another rider and decided to follow him because most likely he had more experience than me in the rain.he pulled over and stopped under a bridgen the freeway so I did too.we hung out for a few min while the heavy stuff passed then he said it was okay to ride on so we left.now I know why WY only has one phone book & area code...theres nothing there but it's totally the wild west! Another strong storm found me so luckily I was approaching a small town so I pulled over to wait this one out...this storm was way bigger and it dumped hard for over an hour and a half.i kept checking the radar and forecast to try & see what the storm was doing.these nice old people gave me some pizza wwhile I waited.fter 45 min of try ing to play meteorologist I made the decision to go for out at 630pm.i had to get 90 miles with no stops our places for shelter.it workedand I made it away from the storm but now the winds were blowing about 45mph.i was entering the black hills so the scenery kept me distracted from the harsh winds.now im in hot springs SD.gonna get up early to get to a harley dealership in rapid city for a5k service then hopefully ride the black hills all day!

1 comment:

  1. Ben sounds gnarly. Did the falling hail feel like you were getting shot at?

    ReplyDelete