Wednesday, July 13, 2011

B lack Hills, South Dakota

Yesterday was awesom





e!it started with a rainy ride at 6am to rapid city harley davidson for 5k service.i talked with some of the girls that worked there for a while and tried y to plan out my black hills stay and ride routes.there are about 200 miles of windy scenic roads to ride.so I decided to head to deadwood to check out the old wild west town.out was a nice ride there and I was really glad out wasn't rainingfor once! After checking in to a room in deadwood I decided to ride down to sturgis.there were a few bikers but it was pretty mellow.i talked with some of the locals and they said that would change in about a week when all the vendors start showing up for the rally.after a beer and some good conversation from the locals perspective I was off to ride spearfish canyon.on the way there i came kinda close to hitting a wild turkey that was crossing the road! The ride was the best I've ever done...so windy and so scenic I kept having to say to myself, watch the road...wow look at that, watch the road...wow look at that! This went on for 45 minutes non stop! After getting back to deadwood I was ready for a good hearty meal...power bars and subway were getting old!i went to a restaurant the motel recommended that was above saloon 10.i had peppered beef tips over rice...yum! Next I went down stai to check out the saloon and band that was rockin.it was a totally fun night hanging out with some locals and drinking black hills ales!

No comments:

Post a Comment