Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 7








Had a few drinks at the Saloon 10 in Deadwood last night.  I met two local girls and later found out one of them was Property  of Bandido (1% motorcycle club)...glad we got along! This morning I had to drive back to harley to get a leak checked out. It rained the whole 1 hour drive there...drag!  It turns out that the creek is still haunting me!  The primary is dented so it needs to be replaced sometime soon...it's sealed for now though. I'll talk later about a new plan for that issue.  After being bummed about the leak I was in need of something positive so I ventured out for a ride through Neddles Highway in Custer State Park. It was another epic ride with tight turns and spiraling rocks coming out of the trees! Soon the clouds disappeared and finally total blue skies.  Then I found another ride the guy at harley told me about...Iron Mountain Highway.  I can't even explain how fun, wild and beautiful this ride was!  Green rolling hills with scattered trees and winding burmy roads...one way single lane split through the trees...and no one else around! This is the new best ride ever!!  I decided to try and get a camp site and ride the Wildlife Loop in the morning on my way to Nebraska.  The site was nice...I set up camp and crashed (right after the nosiy neighbor family stopped chatting it up!).

No comments:

Post a Comment