Saturday, July 9, 2011

Green River to Denver



Left GR this morning at 630 AM to try and beat the storm. I made it about 150 miles until I hit Glenwood Springs CO and then it got me! Right before the rain i stopped for a break and discovered this is where people surf the still wave on the CO river. I chatted with some local river surfers for a few while they caught wave after wave. I took a couple pics but I'm having trouble loading them from my phone.
I rode in the rain for about an hour to Vail where I pulled off to the side where another harley guy from Cleveland was hanging out. He said he was on mile 6000 on his trip. We rode through the Rockies together up and over Vail pass at 10600 feet on the route to Denver. Now I'm hanging out at my buddy Scott's house in Littleton CO. Scott's Honduran wife Enid made some homecooked fajitas and I'm sipping a TommyKnocker Maple Nut Brown Ale. Not too adventurous, but nice!

1 comment: